Acceptable Use Policy Guideline
Please read these Terms of Service ("Terms", "Terms of Service") carefully before using the https://OfBlue.org website (the "Service") operated by OfBlue WebHosting ("us", "we", or "our"). Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service. By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms then you may not access the Service.
When you create an account with us, you must provide us information that is accurate, complete, and current at all times. Failure to do so constitutes a breach of the Terms, which may result in immediate termination of your account on our Service. You are responsible for safeguarding the password that you use to access the Service and for any activities or actions under your password, whether your password is with our Service or a third-party service. You agree not to disclose your password to any third party. You must notify us immediately upon becoming aware of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account.
Links To Other Web Sites
Our Service may contain links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by OfBlue WebHosting. OfBlue WebHosting has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that OfBlue WebHosting shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services. We strongly advise you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third-party web sites or services that you visit.
A small handful of scripts/programs are not allowed to be used on our servers. This is largely due to excessive demands on server resources that can degrade performance for other hosting clients. Namely the following are BANNED from use on our servers:
1. ANY CGI-script powered chat room or bulletin board, including ikonBoard.cgi, UltimateBB.cgi and others.
2. Topsites scripts
3. IRC-related software (servers, bots, bouncers, etc.)
4. Streaming or embedding TV/audio/video clips
5. Proxy websites and scripts
6. Any scripts that could cause security concerns.
7. Torrenting programs.
8. Image-sharing programs.
9. Cutenews script.
Accounts that are found to have such software uploaded to their web space are subject to immediate suspension and/or termination without notice. We reserve the right to add from, modify, or otherwise adapt to this list other banned programs at our discretion.
We want to allow our customers to use our servers the best way, but in order to protect other users, we may, temporarily or not, suspend a shared hosting site if this site slows down our servers or uses too much server resource. In this case, we will try to find a solution together with the customer.
You may not use your site to publish material, which OfBlue host determines, at its sole discretion, to be unlawful, indecent or objectionable. For purposes of this policy, "material" refers to all forms of communications including narrative descriptions, graphics (including photographs, illustrations, images, drawings, logos), executable programs, video recordings, and audio recordings.
You must take reasonable steps to protect the security of our servers. This includes, but is not limited to:
1. Keeping all passwords to OfBlue host systems secure. You must not reveal your passwords to third parties.
2. Ensuring that any scripts that are installed on your site cannot be exploited to compromise the security or the server.
OfBlue Hosting does not allow storage and/or display of the following material on its servers. This includes uploading to web sites, or transmitting by any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise). The following constitute violations of OfBlue host terms and conditions:
1.Illegal use: OfBlue host services may not be used for illegal purposes, or in support of illegal activities. OfBlue host reserves the right to cooperate with legal authorities and/or injured third parties in the investigation of any suspected crime or civil wrongdoing.
2. Harm to minors: Use of the OfBlue host service to harm, or attempt to harm, minors in any way, including, but not limited to child pornography.
3. Threats: Use of the OfBlue host service to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise) that threatens or encourages bodily harm or destruction of property.
4. Harassment: Use of the OfBlue host service to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise) that harasses another.
5. Fraudulent activity: Use of the OfBlue host service to make fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items, or services, or to advance any type of financial scam such as "pyramid schemes," "ponzi schemes," "hyip schemes," and "chain letters."
6. Forgery or impersonation: Adding, removing or modifying identifying network header information in an effort to deceive or mislead is prohibited. Attempting to impersonate any person by using forged headers or other identifying information is prohibited.
7. Unsolicited commercial e-mail / Unsolicited bulk e-mail (SPAM): Use of the OfBlue hosting service to transmit any unsolicited commercial or unsolicited bulk e-mail is expressly prohibited. Violations of this type will result in the immediate termination of the offending OfBlue hosting account.
8. Unauthorized access: Use of the OfBlue host service to access, or to attempt to access, the accounts of others, or to penetrate, or attempt to penetrate, security measures of OfBlue host or another entity's computer software or hardware, electronic communications system, or telecommunications system, whether or not the intrusion results in the corruption or loss of data, is expressly prohibited and the offending account is subject to immediate termination.
9. Fraudulent links: Use of fraudulent referrers to a site hosted on our servers is forbidden. This includes, but is not limited to, blog ping backs. Inappropriate (e.g. off-topic or automated) postings to forums, or other services containing links to a site hosted on our servers is forbidden.
10. Servers and Proxies: Use of server software or scripts which creates a listening socket on our server is forbidden. Proxies which receive requests over HTTP and use our network connection to forward the request to another server are not permitted. This includes, but is not limited to, HTTP proxies.
11. File Sharing and Bit Torrents: Use of software and scripts for "file sharing", "bit torrents" or similar is not allowed on our servers. This includes sending or receiving files using these mechanisms.
12. Adult Sites: We prohibit any adult (pornographic) web-sites on our servers, including pedophile sites, sites linking to pornographic sites (outside links) and pornographic advertisements on your own site.
13. Illegal Use: OfBlue Hosting services may not be used for illegal purposes, or in support of illegal activities.
14. Copyright or Trademark Infringement: Use of OfBlue Hosting to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting, hot linking, directly linking or otherwise) that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other proprietary rights of any third party, including, but not limited to, the unauthorized copying of copyrighted material, the digitization and distribution of photographs from magazines, code, programs, books, or other copyrighted sources, and the unauthorized transmittal of copyrighted software.
15. Distribution of Viruses, Spyware, and Malware: Distributions of software that attempts to and/or causes damage, harassment, or annoyance to persons, data, and/or computer systems are prohibited. Distribution of software that monitors computer or computer user activity without the computer user's knowledge and consent is prohibited.
We reserve the right to suspend your account if you have the following content on your site:
Illegal adult content
Warez and Piracy
Image and File Hosting
Other Illegal Content Under Canadian and USA Law
Pop Up/Full Page Advertisements
Fake Online Shops
Illegal Drugs/Substance/Products Shop
Private Information Containing Minors Without Parental Consent
Private Information Revealing Personal Identity
Violation of Intellectual Property Rights
Creating or Distributing Malware
Hateful Organizations/Promoting Violence
Other Illegal Activities
You are responsible for ensuring that any scripts that you install do not compromise the security of our servers. This includes, but is not limited to:
1. Ensuring that it is not possible to abuse such scripts to gain access to the file system of the server.
2. Ensuring that it is not possible to abuse such scripts to send emails to third parties.
3. Ensuring that you update any installed scripts with the latest releases, which often contain security fixes.
If a script installed on your site is compromised, we may require a clean up of your site. Where we provide an automatic script installer we may update installed scripts to the latest releases. OfBlue has the right to force update your script if it is completely outdated and pose a security threat.
OfBlue Webhosting is not HIPAA compliant. Users are solely responsible for any regulatory compliance with federal or state laws governing the privacy and security of personal data, including medical or other sensitive data. OfBlue does not control or monitor this information proactively. However, users are responsible to follow HIPAA regulations. Users are prohibited from storing such sensitive files and are subject to account and service termination if they are found doing so. OfBlue will not agree to engage to any activities relating ot HIPAA.
Termination and Suspension
We may terminate or suspend access to our Service immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if you breach the Terms. You may choose to terminate your hosting at any time by advising us via a support ticket or email that you wish to do so. All provisions of the Terms which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability. We may terminate or suspend your account immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if you breach the Terms. Upon termination, your right to use the Service will immediately cease.
All users are required to follow the password policy to lessen the risk of account compromise. Users are recommended to use a combination of lowercase, uppercase, numeric, and symbols in their passwords with a minimum of 10 characters. A password strength scale is enforced on all users. OfBlue reserves the right to enforce a periodic password reset to combat attackers who are attempting to brute force user accounts. It is required that all users use a secure password. If you are found using a weak password, you will be prompted to update your psasword.
The following list below are examples of secure passwords. Please do not use the same passwords below:
These Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the United States, without regard to its conflict of law provisions. Our failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of those rights. If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in effect. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between us regarding our Service, and supersede and replace any prior agreements we might have between us regarding the Service.
If you violate our terms and conditions we may terminate or suspend (temporarily or indefinitely) any services you have with us. In this case no refund will be given for any payments that have been, or are made by you to us.
OfBlue reserves the right to ban any users/IP(s) if they are found malicious to OfBlue or any of its users.